Help us change the face of serious illness as a Social Worker
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illness. JourneyCare serves 13 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. The agency also provides services that include JourneyCare House Calls, Chronic Care Management, JourneyCare Choices and Home Health – serving patients at all stages of serious illness. JourneyCare is dedicated to enriching lives through expert, compassionate care and empowering patients and families to live with dignity, on their own terms. We are more than just a career choice – be part of a culture where you can make a difference.
Our clinical team is seeking a Social Worker to conduct home visits in the southside Chicago area and will be responsible in providing direct casework, counseling services and psychosocial assessments to Hospice patients and families. Works closely in connecting families with services to meet their needs.
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm day shift position with on-call about once a month 8:30 am-5:00pm, and some overnights.
- Community based position designed to reduce hospital readmissions, focus on patients and their goals of care.
- Provide direct casework, counseling services and psychosocial assessments to Hospice patients and families.
- Integral role and active participant in Hospice interdisciplinary team
- Heavy communication with a focus on challenging conversations
- Company focus on continuing education to provide our patients with excellent care
- Provide inpatient and/or outpatient psycho-social assessments for Hospice patients and families and related follow up visits and support.
- Facilitate family meetings, provide education and support for plans of care. Screen and identify needs and “at risk” symptoms ( i.e. depression, coping skills, bereavement). Maintain accurate and complete charting and billing.
- Advocate patient and family needs to Hospice team members. Coordinate Hospice Care team and continuity of care, and become the “Champion” from Hospice care to integrate with targeted services/needs. Coordination of care with facility Social Workers and Clinical Resource Managers and/or other departments .
- Provide educational support for the teaching and training of staff, volunteers, and outside agencies.